Somewhere over the rainbow.....

Monday, January 30, 2006

This one goes out to........Charles


Charles....I think my favorite boss of all time. A few years ago when I worked at the Floating Gallery (now called Platform - center for Photographic and Digital Art) Charles was my boss. I pretty much bullyed my way into a job there, calling Charles on a semi-daily basis and showing up unexpectedly at his home. (just joking about the last part) Anyhow - I remember my first day of work I noticed one of the things that Charles did (just a funny little quirk) that I grew to appreciate and enjoy so much. I would ask him "Charles - what would you like me to do?" and he would sit there, sincerely looking up towards the ceiling and go "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" Literally......FOREVER. But the best part about it was that is was the highest pitched Umm I had ever heard. Not that he had a high pitched voice at all, but just when he said ummm, it was. I loved it. It made my day on a regular basis. He was a great boss, except the time he stood there laughing at me while I threw a flaming chicken burger into the garbage without offering so much as a word of advice (to NOT throw flaming burgers into a paper filled garbage can - MAY have helped in the given circumstances) but...that's a different story.I eventually told Charles about his high pitched ummmm, and how I really enjoyed it, and he actually stopped doing it. I don't know if he stopped b/c I told him - or maybe subconciously, but it's a shame. I miss the high pitched ummmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home