Somewhere over the rainbow.....

Sunday, March 26, 2006

IT'S OVER!!!!

So last night - the most humbling thing ever happened to me....
I actually won the talent search! I can't believe it!!!
For those of you who have no clue as to what I was in....here is the link to the webpage....
http://www.fln.ca/talentsearch
Anyhow - it was completely shocking and completely humbling all at the same time. The other 3 of the final four were SO SO SO talented and I know that all of them have ENORMOUS futures!
So....what does this mean you ask?
Honestly? I don't know.....
Hah. I know that I am doing a radio interview on CHVN at 8:10am tomorrow...I know that I have to call avante records this week to figure out the plan....
And according to the website the things that happen are this.....
Prize Package includes:
3 song demo produced & recorded at Avante Records
Air play on CHVN
Potential Artist Development deal with Avante Records (I'm not too sure what this is....)
Live appearance at a Hear The Music event (Fall 2007)
Membership to Canadian Gospel Music Association
www.cgmaonline.com
1st single (produced & recorded at Avante Records) will appear on national distributed compilation CD – Merge (2007 release)
CD library from yourmusiczone.com (got this! I have like 20 cds from them or so!)
Prize from Whyte Ridge Music
Gift Certificate to Grace Café (2207 Henderson Hwy)
Gift Basket from Dr. McFarlance Dentistry
www.drmcfarlance.com
Anyhow - how bizarre is this? I feel like I am in a sort of a dream. It has been super fun and super scary and a lot of work - but man - super cool.
Anyhow - I just thought I'd say what happened, Honestly - I went in to audition for experience, and didn't think I'd make the top 20, didn't think I'd make the top 10, didn't think I'd make the top 4 and certainly didn't think I'd win. What a crazy couple of weeks!
See ya
Kerri (I don't really know why I signed it like a letter....oh well....)
Oh - there is something else I want to write about....my friend Khel (givin you a shout out!! Yeahhhhh!) anyhow - showed me this worship album called "Enter the worship circle" man - what a cool idea eh? It made me start to think about making some kind of a worship circle - (Khel and I were talking about that - Laura - we thought you'de be awesome too!!!) just going and playing and jamming at youth groups or camps or whatever all in a circle - all stripping down the music (NOT OUR CLOTHES!!! THAT TAKES A WHOLE NEW TWIST!!) to its simpleist form....and just making music....LOVE IT....LOVE IT...
anyhow - just a thought.....I'm out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Kerri congrats!! That's so amazing, what a way to start a monday morning - by freaking out over your win! You're great, by the way, throughout this whole thing you have been humble and that makes you winning the competition even sweeter for you, and for the people who know you!!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I am listening to you on the radio RIGHT NOW! (By the way)

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home