Somewhere over the rainbow.....

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Learning to Draw in a month.....

Hi all, it has been a while. That is because I am learning to draw in one month. I decided against Hertzing, as I decided that I wanted to do it right this time and take a reputable program. I am now attempting to be accepted to Red River college in their graphic design program.
I will apply by tuesday (the cut off date) and then they will send me their portfolio requirements. That is when I realize that I really don't know how to draw. I have been trying to draw for at least an hour a day - some days more than that, and come up with concepts....my main problem is that I have ideas in my head.....I just don't have the capacity to get them out of there.....
I really want this program....I want to do this. I am open for any advice anyone has about this....drawing and stuff....I'm hoping being a photographer will be beneficial - as I want to be more of a photographer/designer....with some illustration...not a illustrator/designer with some photography...
anyhow - that's a lot of babble....I don't mean to...but I'm excited and at that applying stage.....
but for now......I must draw.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hey Kerri,
I am so glad you turned down Herzing College. So so glad. I went there to get a diploma in legal administration, paid over 9,000 for one year, only to find out that the information they gave us for what to expect for annual income was double what it is in reality. As well, I was the only person in the class who actually paid - everone else got through on EI or Welfare. Also, none of the time there is transferable to a credible university or college.
Ugh, that's my rant. Blessings to you, I can't tell you how much better off you are going to RRC.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home