Somewhere over the rainbow.....

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wading in Wait.....

Well, our car lease is up soon, and Brent and I have been trying to find the perfect car for our family....we have looked at everything....from the ford focus wagon (remember, we have a child and a dog, so we can't get a sedan) to the Kai sportage, to the Saturn Vue etc....our main concerns were the fact that we were going to upgrade to a bigger car, and up would go our gas price...Till a friend of ours (Ush) turned us onto a car that fit us not only size wise, but also fuel efficiency, and is also the kind of car that 10-15 years down the road - we will still think it is cool. All rusted and beat up - it will have even more character. The car is the Scion XB. It (to us) is a great mix of Brent's favorite car (which is the old volvo wagons) and mine (which is the old landrovers) and they beat our little mazda protege out of the water when it comes to fuel economy. Being that they aren't available in Canada yet, they are really hard to find....
We found one in Coquitlam, BC, at a VW dealership called Westminster VW. They have been great to try to make us getting this car at the price we can afford and also ship it out to us. We are still waiting to hear on all the financing stuff, should know at some point today - and then we'll know if the payments will work with our budget and stuff...basically though - anyone of you that knows me, knows that I am the furthest thing from being patient....I want things done right away - I can't handle things that aren't done...anyhow - we have been waiting and trying to make this happen since friday - and I'm a bit of a pessamist and feel like saying "just reject us already - then we can just go on with our lives" even though people at the shop are really optomistic...weird.
Anyhow - my brother lives within walking distance and is going to go down and check out the car and the dealership for me, but all seems well....so - this waiting is killing me, and I really hope this happens...if not - it's back to the drawing board....


4 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Kerri? You're not going to believe how small a world this is - I found a link to your blog on a friend's blog. How's it going?
-Matt Neufeld

3:36 PM  
Blogger maria enns said...

(please sing this... however you like...)

oh kerri kerri...
you are a crazy woman... I love the scion...
la la la la...

I hope you get it..
La la la la... somehow Goooood will help you fiiiind iiiitt....

La la la LLLAAAA!!!!!!!

love you!

mariajane.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

Hey Kerri,

Good to see you're blogging again! I was a little confused as to what your address was. Didn't you at one time have something like kerriattemptstoblog.blogspot.com or something like that? I seem to recall getting an email from you to that effect.

Anyway, just saying "Hello".

By the way, you may want to change your settings so that people without Blogger accounts can comment as well. I had to sign in with Dixie's account to leave a comment

10:37 AM  
Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

Oops...that was me, MARC Vandersluys. I forgot to sign my name.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home