Somewhere over the rainbow.....

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Who's in with me!!!

Ok - so I'm one of those people who feels EXTREMELY passionate about ideas that I have (and then if I don't actually do them, I loose interest) but this is something that I really think could work....
One of the prizes that I won on the talent search was a guitar. Well, I just bought a new guitar in december and decided that I should find a young girl that I can donate this guitar to and teach some basic lessons to. Anyhow - one of the things that I noticed with this is that there are A LOT of people that need this! I found the person I am going to donate it to, so long as it all works out...
Anyhow - I was talking to one of my dad's childhood best friends and he runs this downtown Y program for inner city students at RB Russell school. He was the one that gave me this girls name for the guitar.
He said though that there are a lot of kids that could use something like this to keep them out of trouble and that places like MTYP want him to do some courses through there, and that they would love to do a course either for guitar or just music in general for aborginal kids.
Anyhow - I was just thinking....wouldn't it be fun to put together some kind of charity supplying us with instruments to pass on to these kids and we could teach them and more just be a mentor type for them? I don't know. Just a thought. (It's endless really - teaching kids songwriting and a way to release their pain and life experience that doesn't include drugs and alcohol.)
Anyhow - let me know what you think......maybe a thing we could even do through TMP.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home