Somewhere over the rainbow.....

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Kai!!!!


Wow - my little guy....he's actually turning 3. Sometimes I'm blown away by the thought of him being that old, and sometimes I can't believe he is ONLY 3.
Here's why he should be older:
1. He thinks I am WRONG about EVERYTHING! And if I try to hold my ground b/c it is something that I KNOW I am right about, he just tells me that I am "frusterating him, and that I need to sit on the naughty chair" Can you believe that??? What happened to "his brain being clay that I could mold??" Unfortunetly - there will be no brain molding done by me. Not to Kai anyway.
2. He says words that I don't even know the meaning of, let alone use in a sentence. One of his first words....seriously I think his second or something was "wrinkle resistant" We were in a department store when he was around one, and there was a woman steaming an article of clothing and he said "wrinkle resistant" WHAT THE!!! He didn't just use the word - he actually used it in context.
3. He knows almost all the songs that I like to sing off by heart. Sometimes I'll notice him singing them along with me. Even Patty Griffin songs...
4. His favorite singer is Lauren Hill. Haha - well, his favorite song is by Lauren Hill. He asks me to play it all the time. My 3 year old love R&B! Definetly not my doing. She's cool - but she's not a kids singer??
5. He's really tall for his age. People always think he's atleast a year older than he really is. He is going to be doing the "rub in how short mom is by leaning on her head" thing before I know it.
Yeah - those are probably the biggest things....
There are things that definetly let me know that he is still young though - which is good - like potty training! AGH!!!! Can't wait until this is done!
Man - well, the party is tomorrow....we rented a theme room in a hotel with waterslides. I hope he has fun!
Happy birthday tomorrow Kai!!! I love you! Thanks for being such a great kid...even though you think I'm always wrong!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the most precious grandson in the world! Papa and Nanny love you VERY much. Have a great day big 3 year old. Looking forward to tomorrow!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

He tells YOU to sit on the naughty chair?? What a sassy kid!
I wonder if it freaks parents out when kids begin to get taller than they are - when something that was so small when it came into the world is now bigger than mom/dad!

Happy birthday to Kai

8:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

oops, I guess it's more of a 'someone' rather than a 'something'. Crap I always do that, I refer to babies as IT, or THING.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home