Somewhere over the rainbow.....

Friday, April 28, 2006

It's been a while....

Wow. It really has been a while! Sometimes when I write these blogs, I feel like I have to be in a really "witty" mood and people have to read them and it has to make their day better somehow, or make them have a little chuckle or something....I think that's why I don't always blog. It's hard to be a witty person on the fly. I've always been the kind of person that misses the witty moment and then, in retrospect, looks back and goes "AGH! I TOTALLY should have said this witty thing!!" Anyhow - maybe in retrospect I will look back on this blog and say the same thing.....in which case....I will probably just write a new blog saying that thing. There. Problem solved.
So - my life right now....
Actually - I REALLY need help deciding what I want to do with it at this point....
I had applied to Prairie View School of Photography b/c I really thought that I could get a lot our of the program and it would take me out of this plateau of shooting that I am in.....so - I got my acceptance letter yesterday - which is a big feat as they only accept 16 people per year. My problem though is that it is $10,000. I know that it is an invaluable investment, but I still don't know how I can get this money....you know? So this is a stress.....
My other thing is that I met with Jordan Jackiew, he's producing the demo, and he is rad. We are totally on the same page and I can't wait to get started! So - I am writing right now.....we'll not literally right now....but I am SUPPOSED to be writing right now. I have a couple weeks to co-write, and I'm meeting a guy named Bryan James to co-write with on Wednesday, I can't wait to meet him and see what we can do. He is a FANTASTIC and passionate guitar player. I heard him playing alone on this cd, and his music totally moved me and there weren't words or singing, just him playing. SOOO cool.
So - this is the direction that I am leaning....
Taking TONS of workshops and co-renting some studio space if possible....all workshops through Prairie View, and working hard on my own next year to become a better photographer, taking djembe and guitar lessons as well, and trying to hone my skills that way. I think it might be a more "affordable" way of doing things.....unless I win the lottery, then I will go to PrairieView full time...
what do you all think of that? Does it make sense? Or should I really try to figure out a way to do this school thing....huh....I don't know.
Oh - on a side note.....Brent and I bought a scooter two days ago. We are both completely in love with it and miss it when the other person has it. I miss it right now. It is our second vehicle and is a really affordable, fun thing to have...and with today's gas prices, filling up our CRV is a killer, so our $5.58 fill up in the scooter is WAY too exciting!
Well, there's my update - not witty at all....
Peace out.
KW

1 Comments:

Blogger Shona said...

hey Kerri....
totally with you on "what the heck should I do with my life". I solved that by moving to Texas where as of yet I can't legally work....makes the decision easier, really! (i don't recomend that to you however, though we would LOVE to have fellow Cdns here in TX)...but anyhow, I will keep praying that the decisions in your life are made clear.
for the record. I don't need witty blogs, though they are funny. I like just hearing what's going on in people's life. you blog well. thank you.
bye.
SQ

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home